Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Priest is Alive and Well

Oh, before i forget... I met the priest yesterday. Apparently, it is traditon for the priest to pay a visit to each church member's house at Christmas time to pray a Christmas blessing. So Maria was gone and i knew that someone had come over but I didn't really know who had come over. Then Maria's mom came in my room and asked me to join her in the other room. I walked in and there was the priest, sitting there in his priestly clothes next to a table that had two candles lit on it. It felt like walking into a movie. Was this really happening? Was there really a priest in the room? But it was no movie, it was reality. Thankfully, he spoke a little English and talked to me for a while. Then he started speaking in Polish again and prayed. Wow! I was speechless after he left. It had been such a surprise to me that I had no idea how to react to it.

No comments: