Today was my 5th day in Copenhagen. I decided my main mission would be to see the famous Little Mermaid Statue. It is located at the north end of town and is on the coast. I decided that I would walk by the waterways that are near my hotel to get there. It made for a very scenic walk. It is definitely fall here. No question about it. The trees are a million shades of yellows, reds, oranges, and greens. There were many swans out swimming today. They are such peaceful creatures.
Before I arrived at the statue, I stopped by Copenhagen’s old fortress. It is similar to our Fort McHenry. It is in a star shape and all of the buildings are hundreds of years old. I felt like I went back in time. The facilities are still maintained and in use by the military. I’m not really sure what they do with it but they do maintain it well. I saw my first windmill here. It was on top of a hill in the center of the fortress.
Just outside of the fortress was a beautiful old church. It was made out of stones and had a very tall steeple. It looked like something you would see in a fairytale. I then walked along the coast to the Little Mermaid Statue. It looked just like the pictures. There were a lot of people taking pictures there. Needless to say, it is very famous.
Before I arrived at the statue, I stopped by Copenhagen’s old fortress. It is similar to our Fort McHenry. It is in a star shape and all of the buildings are hundreds of years old. I felt like I went back in time. The facilities are still maintained and in use by the military. I’m not really sure what they do with it but they do maintain it well. I saw my first windmill here. It was on top of a hill in the center of the fortress.
Just outside of the fortress was a beautiful old church. It was made out of stones and had a very tall steeple. It looked like something you would see in a fairytale. I then walked along the coast to the Little Mermaid Statue. It looked just like the pictures. There were a lot of people taking pictures there. Needless to say, it is very famous.
1 comment:
I loved for mchenry. funnest place ever. and i can thing of very few things cooler than windmills. esspecially awesome oldschool ones ;)
Post a Comment