Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fisketrovet & the Local Bakery!


I took the train to the Fisketrov Shopping Center. I had to wait in a long line to buy the ticket because I couldn’t figure out how to use the kiosk. There are two types of train tickets. The kind from the kiosk that must be clipped in a machine and the kind you buy at the counter that are not clipped but are shown to the train attendant if they ask for it. It would have been nice if the person who sold me my ticket had explained that to me. I had to ask a worker at a food booth by the tracks how it worked. Once on the train, it went smoothly. Coming back, I had to buy a return ticket from the a machine that was not in English. That did not work. I couldn’t figure it out. I tried a lot of times. There was no one to ask so I had to walk back. It really wasn’t that far but it was frustrating. Oh well, the things you learn. Eventually I’ll get it figured out.


Fisketrov was a huge shopping mall. There were so many cute stores. They also had a huge grocery store in the mall. It sold everything! In a way it was like a miniature Wal-Mart combined with grocery store but much nicer. I got dinner at a pizza stand in the mall. I also enjoyed a piece of free cake because the mall was celebrating its birthday.


I finally discovered a bakery near my hotel. It is really good. I plan to go back tomorrow. I don’t know the name of what I got but it was similar to a glorified pop tart. It had a raspberry filling and frosting with sprinkles along the edges.

No comments: